Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The enduring appeal of private equity. WMS.(Available at:)Accessed October, 2021)
- Pay now or pay later?: the economics within the private equity partnership.Journal of Financial Economics (JFE), Forthcoming. 2016; : 51
- Soaring Private Equiry Investment in the healthcare sector: consolidation accelerated, competition undermined, and patients at risk.(Available at:https://publichealth.berkeley.edu/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Private-Equity-I-Healthcare-Report-FINAL.pdf)(Accessed October, 2021)Date: 2021
- Trends in funding and acquisition of surgical practices by private equity firms in the US From 2000 to 2020.JAMA Surg. 2021; 156: 1066-1068
- Changes in hospital income, use, and quality associated with private equity acquisition.JAMA Intern Med. 2020; 180: 1428-1435
- Answers to the what? why? and who? questions.(Available at:)https://www.garfunkelwild.com/wp-content/ASC/ASC%202020/11-10-2020%20Reibolt,%20Goettling%20-%207th%20Annual%20ASC%20-%20Post-COVID%20Keys%20To%20Private%20Equity%20Transactions.pdf 2020(Accessed November 1, 2020)
- Quality of care in investor-owned vs not-for-profit HMOs.JAMA. 1999; 282: 159-163
- Healthcare M&A report.VMG Health: American Medical Association (AMA), Chicago (IL)2019
- The Role of Private Equity in Driving Up Health Care Prices. In. Harward Business Review.(Available at:)Accessed October 1, 2019)
- Assessment of out-of-network billing for privately insured patients receiving care in in-network hospitals.JAMA Intern Med. 2019; 179: 1543-1550
- Air Ambulances Are Flying More Patients Than Ever, and Leaving Massive Bills Behind.Bloomberg. 2018;
Kliff S. A $52,112 Air Ambulance Ride: Coronavirus Patients Battle Surprise Bills. The New York Times2020.
- The rise and fall of the physician practice management industry.Health Aff (Millwood). 2000; 19: 42-55
- Characteristics of private equity–owned hospitals in 2018.Ann Intern Med. 2021; 174: 277-279
Pomorski C. The death of hahnemann hospital. In. The New Yorker 2021.
- National health expenditures projections through 2030.Health Care Financ Rev. 1992; 14: 1-29
David Champagne AD, J Littlejohns, D Podpolny. Private equity opportunities in healthcare tech. 2019. Accessed October 2021.
- Patients as consumers.Health Affairs, 2019
- What is value-based healthcare?.USA; NEJM Catalyst. 2019;
- Private equity and health care delivery: value-based payment as a guardrail?.JAMA. 2021; 326: 907-908
- CareMore health system. Harvard Business School.(Available at:)Accessed December 18, 2021)
- Oncology care model.(Available at:)Accessed December, 2021)
- Design challenges of an episode-based payment model in oncology: the centers for medicare & medicaid services oncology care model.J Oncol Pract. 2017; 13: e632-e645
- Study Suggests Medical Errors Now Third Leading Cause of Death in the U.S. 2016.(Available at:)https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/media/releases/study_suggests_medical_errors_now_third_leading_cause_of_death_in_the_us(Accessed November 2021)
- Offodile II MC, Mohini Bindal, Jose Alejandro Rauh-Hain, and Vivian Ho. Private Equity Investments In Health Care: An Overview Of Hospital And Health System Leveraged Buyouts, 2003–17.Health Aff. 2021; 40: 719-726
Funding/Support: This research did not receive any support from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sector.