Gastroparesis is the second most common sensorimotor disorder of the gastrointestinal tract. Management is complex with overall poor response to medical therapy and limited response to available surgical therapies.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Advances in Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Healthcare utilization and costs associated with gastroparesis.World J Gastroenterol. 2017; 23: 4428
- American Gastroenterological Association technical review on the diagnosis and treatment of gastroparesis.Gastroenterology. 2004; 127: 1592-1622
- Overlap of gastrointestinal symptom complexes in a US com- munity.Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2005; 17: 29-34
- Chronic idiopathic constipation: more than a simple colonic transit disorder.J Clin Gastroenterol. 2012; 46: 150-154
- Clinical utility of wireless motility capsule in patients with suspected multiregional gastrointestinal dysmotility.Dig Dis Sci. 2015; 60: 1350-1357
- Gastric electrical stimulation with the enterra system: a systematic review.Gastroenterol Res Pract. 2015; 2015: 762972
- Gastric electrical stimulation for medical refractory gastroparesis.Gastroenterology. 2003; 125: 421-428
- Surgical treatment of medically refractory gastroparesis in the morbidly obese.Surg Endosc. 2015; 29: 2683-2689
- Laparoscopic pyloroplasty is a safe and effective first-line surgical therapy for refractory gastroparesis.Surg Endosc. 2016; 30: 1326-1332
- Peroral endoscopic myotomy (POEM) for esophageal achalasia.Endoscopy. 2010; 42: 265-271
- Peroral endoscopic myotomy (POEM) opens the door of third-space endoscopy.Endoscopy. 2019; 51: 1010-1012
- Gastric peroral endoscopic myotomy for refractory gastroparesis: first human endoscopic pyloromyotomy (with video).Gastrointest Endosc. 2013; 78: 764-768
- Laparoscopic pyloroplasty versus endoscopic per-oral pyloromyotomy for the treatment of gastroparesis.Surg Endosc. 2019; 33: 773-781
- How I do it: per-oral pyloromyotomy (POP).J Gastrointest Surg. 2017; 21: 1963-1968
Published online: June 24, 2020
© 2020 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.