- Trunkey D.
- Woolhandler S.
- Campbell T.
- Hummelstein D.H.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Advances in Surgery
- Health care reform: what went wrong.Ann Surg. 2010; 252: 417-425
- Costs of health care administration in the United States.N Engl J Med. 2008; 349: 768-775
- Key issues in analyzing major health insurance proposals.Congressional Budget Office, Washington, DC2008
- Health care reform.Ann Surg. 2010; 252: 577-581
- The length of stay has minimal impact on the cost of hospital admission.J Am Coll Surg. 2000; 191: 123-130
- Academic health systems management: the rationale behind capitated contracts.Ann Surg. 2000; 231: 849-859
- Paying a premium: how patient complexity affects costs and profit margins.Ann Surg. 1999; 229: 807-811
- Trauma services: a profit center?.J Am Coll Surg. 1999; 188: 349-354
- Physician resource utilization after geriatric trauma.J Trauma. 1997; 43: 565-568
- Trauma service cost: the real story.Ann Surg. 1998; 227: 720-724
Marcus MB. The spotlight grows on outpatient surgery. USA Today. Available at: http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2007-07-29-outpatient-surgery_N.htm2007. Accessed January 12, 2011.
- A novel index of elevated risk of inpatient hospital admission immediately following outpatient surgery.Arch Surg. 2007; 142: 263-268
- 2001 Volvo Award Winner in Clinical Studies: lumbar fusion versus nonsurgical treatment for chronic low back pain: a multicenter randomized controlled trial from the Swedish Lumbar Spine Study Group.Spine. 2001; 26: 2510-2532
- Randomized clinical trial of lumbar instrumented fusion and cognitive intervention in patients with chronic low back pain and disc degeneration.Spine. 2003; 28: 1913-1921
- Access to care and the surgeon shortage: American Surgical Association Forum.Ann Surg. 2010; 252: 582-590
The National Commission on Fiscal responsibility and reform. The moment of truth: report of the national commission on fiscal responsibility and reform. Available at: http://www.fiscalcommission.gov/news/moment-truth-report-national-commission-fiscal-responsibility-and-reform2010. Accessed January 12, 2011.
- Use “compare” for better policymaking.(Available at:)Accessed January 12, 2011)
- Learning what works best: the nation’s need for evidence in comparative effectiveness in health care.Institute of Medicine, Washington, DC2007
- Research on the comparative effectiveness of medical treatments: issues and options for an expanded federal role.Congressional Budget Office, Washington, DC2001
- Hidden costs, value lost: uninsurance in America [e-book].The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2003 (Available at:)Accessed January 13, 2011)
- Implementing employer and individual mandates.Health Aff (Millwood). 1994; 13 (Available at:) (Accessed January 13, 2011): 54-68
- Crisis of abundance: rethinking how we pay for health care [e-book].The Cato Institute, Washington, DC2006 (Available at: Google Books. Available at: http://books.google.com/books?id=-6Yuj5wrXIoC&dq=Crisis+of+abundance:+rethinking+how+we+pay+for+health+care+[e-book].+Washington,+DC:+The+Cato+Institute%3B+2006&source=gbs_navlinks_s. Accessed January 13, 2011)