Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Acute care surgery: eraritjaritjaka.J Am Coll Surg. 2006; 202: 698-701
Jurkovich GJ. Acute care surgery. In: Feliciano DV, Mattox KL, Moore EE, editors. Trauma. 6th edition. New York: McGraw-Hill; in press.
- The shape of things to come: results from a national survey of trauma surgeons on issues concerning their future.J Trauma. 2006; 60: 8-16
- The changing face of trauma management and its impact on surgical resident training.J Trauma. 2003; 54: 161-163
- Making the case for a paradigm shift in trauma surgery.J Am Coll Surg. 2006; 202: 655-667
- Will future surgeons be interested in trauma care? Results of a resident survey.J Trauma. 1992; 32: 229-235
- Trauma surgery malpractice risk: perception versus reality.Ann Surg. 2005; 241: 969-977
- What's a trauma surgeon worth? A salary survey of the Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma.J Trauma. 2000; 49: 833-838
- Acute care surgery: trauma, critical care, and emergency surgery.J Trauma. 2005; 58: 614-616
Committee on the Future of Trauma Surgery. Acute care surgery curriculum. J Trauma, submitted for publication.
- The position of the Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma on the future of trauma surgery.J Trauma. 2005; 59: 77-79
- Progressive specialization within general surgery: adding to the complexity of workforce planning.J Am Coll Surg. 2005; 201: 925-932
- Structure of surgical critical care and trauma fellowships.Crit Care Med. 2006; 34: 2282-2286
- Neurosurgical coverage: essential, desired, or irrelevant for good patient care and trauma center status.Ann Surg. 2005; 242: 364-374
- How well do neurosurgeons care for trauma patients? A survey of the membership of the American Association for the Surgery of Trauma.Neurosurgery. 2001; 48: 17-25
Endorf FE, Esposito TJ, Reed RL II, et al. Broken bones and orthopedist groans: can an acute care surgeon fix both? [abstract]. Presented at the annual meting of the Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma. Sanibel Island (FL), January 16–20, 2007.
- Orthopaedic trauma surgeon: distinction or extinction?.Am J Orthop. 2003; 32: 3-4
- Delivery of emergency neurosurgical care.J Am Coll Surg. 2006; 203: 962-966
- An AOA critical issue access to emergent musculoskeletal care: resuscitating orthopaedic emergency-department coverage.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2006; 88: 1385-1394
- Letter to the editor re: acute care surgery.J Trauma. 2005; 59: 1035-1036
- Trauma and emergency surgery: an evolutionary direction for trauma surgeons.J Trauma. 2004; 56: 7-12
- Redefining the future of trauma surgery as a comprehensive trauma and emergency general surgery service.J Am Coll Surg. 2004; 199: 96-101
- Creating an emergency general surgery service enhances the productivity of trauma surgeons, general surgeons and the hospital.J Trauma. 2005; 58: 906-910
- The academic trauma center is a model for the future trauma and acute care surgeon.J Trauma. 2005; 58: 657-662
- Integrating emergency general surgery with a trauma service: impact on the care of injured patients.J Trauma. 2004; 57: 467-473
- Maintaining patient throughput on an evolving trauma/emergency surgery service.J Trauma. 2006; 60: 481-488
- The general surgery model: a more appealing and sustainable alternative for the care of trauma patients.Am Surg. 2005; 71: 633-638
- Injured patients have lower mortality when treated by “full-time” trauma surgeons vs. surgeons who cover trauma “part-time”.J Trauma. 2006; 61 ([discussion: 278–9]): 272-278
- An acute care surgery model improves outcomes in patients with appendicitis.Ann Surg. 2006; 244: 498-504
- Broad-based general surgery training is a model of continued utility for the future.Ann Surg. 2004; 239: 627-636
- Perception of differences between trauma care and other surgical emergencies: results from a national survey of surgeons.J Trauma. 1994; 37: 996-1002
- Acute care surgery: enhancing outcomes or fragmenting care?.Bull Am Coll Surg. 2006; 91: 40-43